FusionCharts Suite XT v3.4 deprecates support for the rendering of charts, gauges, and maps in Adobe Flash. This was done for the following reasons:
- To be compliant with modern web standards.
What this means for you:
High performance charts
FusionCharts Suite XT v3.4 boasts of a tremendous improvement in performance of the common charts in the suite, allowing you to build better performing dashboards for your desktops and mobile devices.
Dependency on jQuery removed
New developer-friendly documentation
Theme Manager to separate data from presentation and further add intelligence to charts
Until now, to build a chart using FusionCharts Suite XT, you had to provide both, the data and the configuration details, in the same JSON or XML file. The Theme Manager allows you to separate this into different files - the data file and the theme file. The theme file can be reused for multiple charts in your application. In fact, FusionCharts Suite XT allows you to define multiple theme files for each chart, which follows an inheritance chain. This can be useful when you have a base theme for the entire application, but wish to override a few attributes for a subset of charts. Theme files are defined in JSON, allowing you to define attributes for all charts, or specific charts. You can even take it a step further by applying conditional functional logic, for example, having separate coloring for negative and positive data points, highlighting data points at a specific index or if they cross a certain threshold of value. The possibilities are endless!
Shown below is how they would appear with the new
ocean theme applied.
Simple. Isn't it? If you are curious to know how the themes work click here
Annotations engine to add custom shapes and text on chart
All common charts now support hover effect for data points.
Support for macro variables in tooltips to support dynamic content
Tooltips now support macro variables that allow you to build custom tool-text for the data points on a chart. Each chart exposes labels, raw values, formatted values, display values etc. as variables that can be used in conjunction with your custom text to form the complete tool-text.
Data-enabled markers for maps
You can now bind markers in FusionMaps XT to dynamic values, wherein they increase or decrease the size of the marker to reflect the data values. This lets you build data-driven geo-visualizations.
Selectively render axis lines
You can now select which axis lines (borders of the canvas) to render, thus allowing you to gain a finer control over the look and feel of the chart. The chart can be easily configured to have minimal elements that purists like, or can be configured to show all the details you need.
The helper methods allow you to do various things like getting the formatted string for a number, changing an existing chart type etc.
- Cleaner legend icons across all charts
- Option to hide specific datasets upon chart initial load, which can be shown by user upon clicking legend key
- Pie and doughnut charts can now be configured to allow slicing of only one pie/doughnut slice at most
- Doughnut charts can now contain a dynamic center label, which can be configured per doughnut slice
- Better export server hosted by FusionCharts Suite XT, for export of charts as image/PDF
- Support for
paletteThemeColorsacross the suite, allowing you to define a list of colors for use by data plots
- Support for automatic ellipses and wrapping in ZoomLine charts
- Anchors in charts now support the hover effect
- New attributes for anchors to better configure their display such as image, shadow etc
- Support for tooltips for the connectors in the Drag Node charts
- Support for path in annotations
- Unification of limit calculation in gauges, which was earlier bound by color-range minimum or maximum values
- Aesthetics of axis, data plot, anchors etc.